Batman Who Laughs’ Final Showdown vs Justice League in Death Metal
The Batman Who Laughs popularity has been on the rise ever since he first debuted in the Dark Nights: Metal series. The DC Villain of the Year will come face-to-face with the Justice League once again in the upcoming Dark Nights: Death Metal series in what's being teased as an absolutely wild ride.
Dark Nights: Death Metal reunites Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo and will close the book on their run on Batman. The teases for the series have been epic so far, as images with Wonder Woman wielding the "chainsaw of truth," a primal version of Superman, and a motorcycle-riding grim reaper version of Batman. These teases were very metal, but in DC's new solicits they revealed what the series is going to be about and surprise, surprise, the Batman Who Laughs seems to be pulling all the strings.
In the solicit, it's revealed the earth is enveloped by the Dark Multiverse and becomes a twisted, unrecognizable reality. While the Batman Who Laugh toys with the Justice League, it's key members, Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman are all split up and have to fight to survive against the threats of the Dark Multiverse. Dark Nights: Death Metal is being teased as an encore to the previous metal series, and is the "last tour" for Synder and Capullo. You can bet the stellar creative team will go out with a loud bang. Dark Nights: Death Metal is the culmination of their previous Metal-related series coming together for one big conclusion.
How will the final showdown between the Justice League and the Batman Who Laughs play out? It seems there's going to be plenty of blood spilled and no love lost between the heroes and the villain. With the Dark Multiverse taking over, the heroes won't have it easy in taking out their biggest threat. The book sounds bombastic, loud, and metal as hell. What else would you expect from the last Dark Nights: Metal story?
Check out the solicit for the Dark Nights: Death Metal as well as the covers.
- Dark Nights: Death Metal #1
- Written by Scott Synder
- Art by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
- Card stock foil cover by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
- Batman variant cover by DAVID FINCH
- Superman variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
- Wonder Woman variant cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
- 1:100 variant cover by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
- Black and white party variant cover by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
- Get ready for the earth-shattering encore! The legendary team behind Dark Nights: Metal and Batman: Last Knight on Earth take center stage and reunite for one last tour.
- When the Earth is enveloped by the Dark Multiverse, the Justice League is at the mercy of the Batman Who Laughs. Humanity struggles to survive in a hellish landscape twisted beyond recognition, while Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman have all been separated and fight to survive. Unleash the beast and let the head banging begin!
- In comic shops and online May 15th, 2020.