Every Mortal Kombat 11 Character Confirmed So Far
Anticipation for Mortal Kombat 11 is at a fever pitch as the game nears its April release, and a huge part of that excitement revolves around all the playable characters in the new Mortal Kombat game. While Mortal Kombat 11 features brutal Fatalities, much like previous iterations of the series, it's the roster that fans like to speculate on.
Since the Mortal Kombat franchise is almost 27 years old, a number of characters have been created within the universe in that time, and many have gained respective followings. There will only be a handful of them present within Mortal Kombat 11's roster, but a number of fan-favorites have already been confirmed to return.
Since the Mortal Kombat 11 roster will continue to grow as gamers get ever closer to the new title's release (with NetherRealm Studios potentially teasing new characters on social media), Screen Rant has put together a guide showcasing every known and rumored character found within Mortal Kombat 11. It will be updated as news arrives.
Mortal Kombat 11 Character Roster (So Far)
- Scorpion - As the face of the series, Scorpion was confirmed in the reveal trailer for Mortal Kombat 11. Much of his moves appear to be intact, with his trademark "get over here" maneuver still as prominent as ever. Even then, it's good to see the mainstay return.
- Raiden - The thunder god is a mainstay of Mortal Kombat that rivals the prominence of the above mentioned Scorpion. He too is making a return in Mortal Kombat 11, but this time he's equipped with red electricity. Has something happened to the Raiden fans know and love? Only time will tell.
- Sub-Zero - Sub-Zero is a ninja capable of manipulating ice and freezing his opponents. As the arch-rival (at least, sometimes) of Scorpion, his return was almost always guaranteed. Still, it's nice to see the beloved character returning in Mortal Kombat 11.
- Sonya Blade - Returning once again, Sonya Blade is ready to kick some butt with all of the swagger that fans have come to expect from the character. Players jumping into this game may notice that she sounds a little different this time around though, and that's because Ronda Rousey is voicing Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat 11.
- Skarlet - After failing to make a playable appearance in Mortal Kombat X, Skarlet is returning to claim a spot on the Mortal Kombat 11 roster. Her ability to control blood is back and more brutal than ever in MK11, and she'll no doubt make for a strong fighter for anyone willing to to get their hands dirty.
- Baraka - After being killed off in Mortal Kombat X – despite never being playable – it appears as if fans were vocal enough to ensure that Baraka returned in Mortal Kombat 11. One of his Fatalities allows Baraka to rip off the face of his opponent before ultimately eating their brain. Yes, it's as violent as it sounds.
- Geras - The first confirmed newcomer on this list is a very unique addition to the series, as he's able to manipulate the flow of time. This allows Geras to set up combos, manipulate the clock in each match, and even revive himself from death in certain occasions. Suffice it to say, Geras should prove a worthy addition to Mortal Kombat 11.
- Shao Khan - Confirmed as the first DLC for Mortal Kombat 11, gamers can secure Shao Kahn by preordering the game ahead of its launch on April 23, 2019. As a longstanding villain in the series and emperor of Outworld, he should make for an awesome piece of downloadable content for longtime fans of the series.
Rumored Playable Characters For Mortal Kombat 11
- Kronika - As the first-ever female boss in Mortal Kombat history, Kronika is likely to have a playable role in the game–it's just not confirmed yet. Her ability to manipulate time will no doubt pose a challenge for gamers trying to best the villain. Her vendetta against Raiden is sure to also play into the story in an interesting manor.
- Kabal - While not officially announced, Kabal flashed by on the screen at the big Mortal Kombat 11 reveal before being acknowledged by one of the event's hosts. This fan-favorite character and longstanding chum of Kano is sure to annoy gamers with his infamous dash attack. Plus that headgear is quite cool.
- Reptile - Despite not yet being officially confirmed, Reptile was mentioned by a Mortal Kombat 11 dev by mistake. As a classic villain of the franchise, it would be very off to leave the acid-spitting lizard out of the equation. Considering that the new MK game looks more brutal than ever, face-melting acid is an essential component to any game as violent of Mortal Kombat.
- Spawn - This is an odd character on the list, as word on the fighter didn't even come from developer NetherRealm Studios. Instead, comic creator Todd McFarlane confirmed that Spawn would be appearing in Mortal Kombat 11. Whether or not this is true remains to be seen, but only time will tell. Furthermore, if this is happening then is Spawn featured in the game at launch or will he be added later as DLC.
Mortal Kombat 11 is expected to have at least 25 playable characters - as revealed by the character selection screen - though only a handful have been revealed thus far. When it comes to selecting characters (including DLC characters), NetherRealm Studios told us they're looking to the Mortal Kombat community to see what they want the most. Mortal Kombat 11 is essentially a culmination of everything that made the franchise great, all while taking the next step in evolving it into something new.
Mortal Kombat 11 releases on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, and Xbox One on April 23, 2019.